Malaysian living in Qatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

+55
tenggiri
Awku
Nikwann
sogerk
msi
husnul
noble-man
dzool
nahilharis
cmee
nurrazimy
j0e
foxshrek
azrin
Palee
wan kembang
pendi
hafiz6776
Hazimismail
abdills801
kutu_beramboi
yusoff68
thekatyusha
SpectraGuy
lumandai
mosafeer
mustaffa
mrshwan
QadriShah
kianchiew
salam
limlaisiang
tanjong
wjr7087
mhazli
princess
kamal
Minah Kampong
nazihas
anaz
Abu Daniel
DatukBendahara
Tagazoo
rizi the doll
summer6266
mba2009
padd
Chian
jaitie
scarscar
jibak
silver16v
asyraf
Dean78
NiK_TAF56
59 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010) Empty Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by NiK_TAF56 2010-08-02, 06:36

Assalamualaikum dear Friends..

Just to say hi to all member of this informative forum. InsyaAllah i will join Malaysian community in Qatar hopefully by the end of the year. Some brief introduction about me:

My name is Nik and I am local Terengganu, currently working in Kerteh. I am married with 1 lovely daughter(3 years old).

FYI, I received an offer from QP a while ago after many years applying through their website. Then Alhamdulillah, I received a phone call from QP one day, and set for an interview via phone. The interview went well and I received their offer letter in June 2010 (no site interview in Qatar, just phone interview) Very Happy ..

Currently I am still waiting for their instruction to resign from my current post and of course VISA. All documents and medical checkups thingy dah antar.. Hopefully I will be able to join you guys by end of this year (October lepas raya kot Smile ).. I will come alone for the first 3 months, as advised by most of you here, then lepas tu baru bawak family insyaALlah..

** Kalo sapa2 from PPTSB, mungkin kenal laaa saya nih kot... Very Happy Very Happy

Great to be in this community, and hopefully boleh tolong tolong laa nanti yek...
InsyaAllah...

Salam...

NiK_TAF56

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Back to top Go down

Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010) Empty Another Newcomer to Qatar - Similar Timing As NIK_TAF56

Post by Dean78 2010-08-02, 08:45

Assalamualaikum Friends and NIK_TAF56,

Apologies if I enrolled myself to this forum.Embarassed

I'm a Singaporean; though not a Malaysian, my wife's side are
part Malaysian and I often go back to the kampung in
Pengerang, JB. Anyway, that's besides the point. Smile

I am fascinated with this forum especially with the high volume
of Malaysians in Qatar helping out one another. I am hoping to
interact with the different kind of communities in Qatar.

People call me Dean (budak melayu) for short. Married with a
2 year old son.

I signed the offer letter with QP in early July 2010. All
necessary docs including medical dah hantar and waiting the
instructions untuk resign once VISA is approved. On the offer
letter, I'll be starting in October untuk lepaskan raya and
anyway, I require 2 months notice to tender my current position.
Similar as Nik, I'll be coming for 3 months before bringing
my family over.

Really hoping to meet up with you'all once I'm there. I will
definitely need guidance as a newbie in Qatar.

Nik,
Maybe we can touch base cos' looks like we'll be going over
around the same time. I'll be located in Doha.

Wassalam,
Dean

Dean78
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-03

Back to top Go down

Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010) Empty Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by asyraf 2010-08-02, 09:02

Selamat datang to both of you and semoga mudah perjalanan...
asyraf
asyraf

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010) Empty Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by silver16v 2010-08-02, 09:52

Saya pun nak ucapkan selamat semuanya.. Nombor 1 niatkan hijrah itu kerana Allah SWT, InshaAllah diberkati. InshaAllah nanti boleh pergi umrah dan haji dari Qatar. Kerja disini bak kata kwn2 disini mcm honeymoon (sebab kerja x stress dan x perlu kerja lebih masa) satu peluang baik (kelapangan) utk kita sama2 hadir ke majlis ilmu dan dekatkan diri dgn Allah. Sambil2 berkumpul di majlis ilmu tersebut, dptlah berkenalan dgn kwn2 baru yg semuanya very friendly dan baik2 belaka (i love u guys!!!)

Very Happy
silver16v
silver16v

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-04-01

http://www.malaysiaqatar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NiK_TAF56 2010-08-02, 10:30

Dean78 wrote:Nik,

Salam Dean...

Seems like we will be starting our life in Qatar at the same time... hehe.. nice, and I am making new friends already.. Very Happy Very Happy

Owh you'll be in Doha.. I am stationed in Mesaaieed...

NiK_TAF56

Back to top Go down

Post by NiK_TAF56 2010-08-02, 10:32

Thanks a lot Asyraf and Silver16v... appreciate the warm welcome..

I suppose I can see you guys once I report my duty nanti InsyaAllah... bleh pekene teh.. Very Happy

NiK_TAF56

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean78 2010-08-02, 10:58

NiK_TAF56 wrote:

Salam Dean...

Seems like we will be starting our life in Qatar at the same time... hehe.. nice, and I am making new friends already.. Very Happy Very Happy

Owh you'll be in Doha.. I am stationed in Mesaieed...

Salamz Nik,

Oh, you're in Mesaaieed? Hmmm..hope we still have the chance to
meet up though since we'll be starting around the same time. Smile

Thanks Asyraf and Silver16v for your kind wishes.
Very Happy

Dean78
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by jibak 2010-08-04, 19:20

Nik, welcome. Yr bro informed me you'll be coming after raya. InsyaAllah we'll help u settle down as what other friends did when I first came here.

jibak

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by NiK_TAF56 2010-08-05, 04:58

jibak wrote:Nik, welcome. Yr bro informed me you'll be coming after raya. InsyaAllah we'll help u settle down as what other friends did when I first came here.

uiks... my brother tells you?? kita kenal ke?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mesti kenal niiiiiiii... hehe

NiK_TAF56

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean78 2010-08-05, 17:03

Nik,

Alhamdullilah I baru dapat VISA and received instructions untuk tender. I am going over to Qatar in mid-Oct. Smile

Dean78
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by NiK_TAF56 2010-08-06, 03:35

Alhamdullilah I baru dapat VISA and received instructions untuk tender. I am going over to Qatar in mid-Oct. Smile

Dean,

Alhamdulillah, saya pon baru je receive visa and instruction to resign yesterday jugak. I am also thinking of mobilizing in October. Tp nak kene diskass dulu ngn family when is exactly i am going.
Bro pm me ur number. Mana tau we need to get in touch

NiK_TAF56

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean78 2010-08-06, 04:14

Nik,

Bagus tu. Harap-harap bole meet up. PM-ing number saya to you after this message.

Dean78
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by scarscar 2010-08-06, 07:34

Salam semua

Nak tanya sikit..yg kerja di middle east nih semuanya harus berpengalaman lama yer......klau baru setahun jagung mcm saya tak layak yer??? sy minat nak apply tp mcm xberapa layak jerk sebab pengalaman kerja dlm bidang engineering+safety and health baru 3tahun lebih....dekat middle east ade perlukan safety and health tak......klau sapa sapa tahu boleh beritahu saya yer....saje nak korek maklumat....terima kasih Very Happy

scarscar
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NiK_TAF56 2010-08-06, 08:54

scarscar wrote:Salam semua

Nak tanya sikit..yg kerja di middle east nih semuanya harus berpengalaman lama yer......klau baru setahun jagung mcm saya tak layak yer??? sy minat nak apply tp mcm xberapa layak jerk sebab pengalaman kerja dlm bidang engineering+safety and health baru 3tahun lebih....dekat middle east ade perlukan safety and health tak......klau sapa sapa tahu boleh beritahu saya yer....saje nak korek maklumat....terima kasih Very Happy

you can always try bro.. mana tau Allah nak bagi rezeki kat kita kan?
saya pon baru dalam 7 tahun lebih experience.. takde laa lama sangat... tapi nak kene try your luck aa bro...

NiK_TAF56

Back to top Go down

Post by jaitie 2010-08-07, 11:25

Assalamualaikum semua....
Nak tanya sket nih...I dapat offer Rasgas for AKG plant.
Ada sesapa tak citer skit working enviroment kat situ camana?...

jaitie
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-08-08, 08:50

Nik TAF56 and Dean 78 ................. WELCOME .... WELCOME Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010) Icon_cheers . Tumpang gembira ni coz bertambah ramai Msian di sini.
Scarscar ............ Just keep on trying Bro. Kalau ada rezeki, tak ke mana. Antara website yang agak active is www.bayt.com.
Jaitie ............ ramai Msian keje Rasgas kat sini. I yang tak keje Rasgas ni nampak orang2 yang keje kat Rasgas ok ok je. Anyway, hopefully ada kawan2 Rasgas yang boleh bagi input soon.
Salam,
Chian Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010) Icon_smile

Chian

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by NiK_TAF56 2010-08-08, 08:55

kawan2.. just nak tanya nih..

katakan lah.. kompeni tuh offer salary around QR20K per month... and then accomodation is provided by company.. so diorang tak kasik laa housing allowance...
my question is... is it worth it to accept the offer? cukup tak with that QR20K tuh, for someone to live his life comfortably in Qatar with family?? enough tak untuk buat savings skali??

harap2 kawan2 sume dapat memberikan pendapat...

NiK_TAF56

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-08-08, 09:44

Nik,

Accomodation (in Mesaaeid) , transportation (QP provide transportation allowance of QR2k - enough for you to rent/buy a decent car), medical need and schooling* for your children (up to 4 children) are covered by QP.

I imagine you would spend around QR6k/month for :

Food = QR3k
School transport = QR1k (eg. car instalment for your wife's car to send your daughter to school)
Others = QR2k (internet/ TV channels/ mobile phone/ leisure/ entertainment etc)

With QR20k, you still have a balance of QR14k (about RM12k) for saving/month. The saving would include your EPF/KWSP though as QP will only provide ESB (End of Service Benefit = Last Drawn Salary x no of years of service) at the end of your service.

* You may want to check with HR, QP that your daughter can be enrolled to Messaid International School when she turns 4 years old. If you need to send your daughter to any other school in Doha, the transportation cost would be more.

Salam,
Chian

Chian

Back to top Go down

Post by NiK_TAF56 2010-08-08, 10:19

Thanks a lot for the explanation Chian... appreciate it...
Btw, how's life in Messaieed? OK je kot eh?
Messaieed to Doha tak laa jauh mana kan??
Tengok pada gambar2 kat Messaieed mcm dull gile... huhu

NiK_TAF56

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-08-08, 10:43

My pleasure, Nik.

Majority of old timers stay in Doha. They commute daily to Mesaaied which is about 40km, south of Doha. Travelling time to/from Doha is about 30 minutes.

The Mesaaeid town is still small. I imagine it was like Kerteh/ Paka in late 80s/ early 90s. Anyhow, during weekends, many people from Doha would travel to Sealine beach in Mesaaeid. In addition, I was made to understand that the management is trying to refursbish the clubhouse in MIC. Hopefully, things will improve.

Your kindself may refer for more at www.mic.com.qa (in case you miss the website).

Chian

Chian

Back to top Go down

Post by padd 2010-08-10, 09:54

salam semua

saya akan ke Doha lagi ujung tahun ni..pernah sampai ke Doha pada tahun 2007 n 2008 tetapi dalam sebulan je macamtu...
Kali ni lama sikit kot dan InsyaAllah keluarga akan menyusul pada tahun depan...
saya ni keja kat TV station ..mesti dah ramai dapat meneka Very Happy
padd
padd

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by scarscar 2010-08-10, 10:08

mesti itu anne hot fm nih yer..... Very Happy

scarscar
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-08-10, 10:38

Padd,

Yup, ramai kawan-kawan kat sini tau pasal relocation of the TV station's KL Office to Doha. Welcome aboard. The more the merrier. cheers

Chian

Back to top Go down

Post by NiK_TAF56 2010-08-10, 13:08

Eh tak tau ponn. Enlighten me plisss Shocked

NiK_TAF56

Back to top Go down

Post by NiK_TAF56 2010-08-10, 13:56

Owhh. Dah tau dah. Hehe.
Padd=anne hotfm

NiK_TAF56

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next