Malaysian living in Qatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petronas new President/CEO

+10
jeffryjo
summer6266
jutra
mba2009
kutu_beramboi
Wak
Chian
rizi the doll
Rifdee
Racing_Camel
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Petronas new President/CEO Empty Petronas new President/CEO

Post by Racing_Camel 2010-02-06, 13:55

Shamsul Azhar is new Petronas president and CEO
2010/02/03

PUTRAJAYA: Datuk Shamsul Azhar Abbas has been appointed president and chief executive officer of Petronas effective February 10 2010, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak announced today.
He has also been appointed Acting Chairman of the Petronas Board of Directors.

Shamsul Azhar, 57, who served as MISC President and Chief Executive Officer between 2004 and 2009, will replace Tan Sri Mohd Hassan Merican whose contract ends on February 9.

Najib said Shamsul Azhar, who joined Petronas in 1974, has vast experience in the nation's petroleum industry having served in several senior positions, including that of Vice President of Oil Business, Vice President Petrochemicals, Vice President Exploration (Upstream) and Vice President Maritime and Logistics.

"I am confident he is qualified and experienced to bring continued suceess to Petronas," he said.

Najib also thanked Hassan for his invaluable contribution to the nation and petroleum industry having served as Acting Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Petronas since 1995.

Datuk Shamsul Azhar Abbas, the new president and CEO of Petronas effective Feb 10 2010.

Hassan began his career with the national oil company in 1989 as Senior Vice President, Finance, before being appointed President and Chief Executive Officer in 1995 and later also assumed the position of Acting Chairman in 2004.

Najib said during Hassan's tenure at the national oil company, Petronas enjoyed good repute and excellent standing, internationally, and was the only Fortune 500 company in Malaysia.

"He was also instrumental in bringing Petronas to foreign shores, competing side-by-side with international oil giants," added the Prime Minister.

With vast experience behind him, Najib hoped Hassan would continue to contribute his knowledge and experiene to nation building especially in the energy sector.

BERNAMA
Racing_Camel
Racing_Camel

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Petronas new President/CEO Empty Re: Petronas new President/CEO

Post by Rifdee 2010-02-12, 12:48

Adus!!!
Rifdee
Rifdee

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rizi the doll 2010-02-14, 06:18

Rifdee wrote:Adus!!!

kenapa ber"aduss" Rifdee??
story2 la sikit...
rizi the doll
rizi the doll

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-02-14, 10:42

Ha ah .......... wonder gak ni kut-kut Rifdee ada insiders information. Petronas new President/CEO Icon_cool

Chian

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2010-02-14, 12:36

ngapa Rifdee, beritau la kat kami?

scratch
Wak
Wak

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kutu_beramboi 2010-02-15, 08:21

rifdee, apa nyer ? kongsi2 la ...
kutu_beramboi
kutu_beramboi

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-02-15, 09:11

Rifdee nak share masa minum kopi tak lama lagi kut. It's highly classified. Tak leh tulis .......... ha ha ha

Chian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifdee 2010-03-09, 21:11

Aik! ingatkan dah abih dah chiter ni. Terasa terpanggil pulak nak respon. "Adus!!!" sebab sedih tengok Petronas:

1. takkan ada perubahan yang memberangsangkan dari segi kepemimpinan baru - everyone knows yang perlantikan Shamsul Azhar bersifat sementara. He's a safe choice because internal workforce will be able to accept him as a caretaker President (albeit there are other internal leaders who are more youthful and capable but not necessarily having the 'x' factor) and putting in a total stranger (from Felda) might be risky for the business. Unless Shamsul can bring real change i.e. more revenues, we can be rest assured that his contract will not be renewed after 2 years is up.

2. the person who installs the president of Petronas lacks the vision and political will to bring it to new heights in the global arena.

3. We live in a world where competition for fossil fuel resources is extremely fierce. Look at the IOC (international oil companies) and tell me what they're doing for the past 5 decades. And look at where Malaysia's national oil company direction is for the next 5 decades ahead... that's right - it's blurry isn't it.

4. Hassan has set the benchmark as to what constitutes success in the NOC (National Oil Company) sense. Shamsul has to raise the bar here if he is to be taken seriously. Can he actually do much within the next two years? He's about the same age as Hassan - and why was Hassan let go (totally different topic)? I frankly don't see Shamsul having the right qualities.

In the right hands and mindset, Petronas can go to greater heights, greater than ever imagined.... aiseymen, anak den meragam la pulak. Potong ah!.... to be continued.
Rifdee
Rifdee

Back to top Go down

Post by mba2009 2010-03-10, 13:44

Rifdee wrote:Aik! ingatkan dah abih dah chiter ni. Terasa terpanggil pulak nak respon. "Adus!!!" sebab sedih tengok Petronas:

1. takkan ada perubahan yang memberangsangkan dari segi kepemimpinan baru - everyone knows yang perlantikan Shamsul Azhar bersifat sementara. He's a safe choice because internal workforce will be able to accept him as a caretaker President (albeit there are other internal leaders who are more youthful and capable but not necessarily having the 'x' factor) and putting in a total stranger (from Felda) might be risky for the business. Unless Shamsul can bring real change i.e. more revenues, we can be rest assured that his contract will not be renewed after 2 years is up.

2. the person who installs the president of Petronas lacks the vision and political will to bring it to new heights in the global arena.

3. We live in a world where competition for fossil fuel resources is extremely fierce. Look at the IOC (international oil companies) and tell me what they're doing for the past 5 decades. And look at where Malaysia's national oil company direction is for the next 5 decades ahead... that's right - it's blurry isn't it.

4. Hassan has set the benchmark as to what constitutes success in the NOC (National Oil Company) sense. Shamsul has to raise the bar here if he is to be taken seriously. Can he actually do much within the next two years? He's about the same age as Hassan - and why was Hassan let go (totally different topic)? I frankly don't see Shamsul having the right qualities.

In the right hands and mindset, Petronas can go to greater heights, greater than ever imagined.... aiseymen, anak den meragam la pulak. Potong ah!.... to be continued.

salam semua;

menarik topik ni...walau kawan bukan staff petronas suka juga tengok petronas ada:-
1) VISION ===> ADAKAH NAK CHALLENGE SHELL / ESSO....
2) MISSION ===> BECOME TOP 10 FORTUNE 100 COMPANY....
3) ORANG YANG RAJIN DAN KUAT NAK "JUST DO IT" MAKE THE VISION & MISSION
atau nak wat PETRONAS setakat "sosial charity company" kepada Malaysia !!!!!

Walau apa pun niat semoga berjaya...dan jangan lupa "Zakat"...
mba2009
mba2009

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2010-03-10, 14:08

Wak bersyukur sebab Petronas melantik Presiden yang baru. Wak kerja Petronas 8 tahun sebelum ke Qatar ni.

Wak tak kira la apa pun internal news from Petronas, Wak tetap beli petrol kat Stesen Petronas.

Sebabnya ialah Petronas tak pernah abaikan tanggung jawab sosial kepada rakyat Malaysia. Antaranya pengambilan Pelajar Latihan Praktikal (1,000 lebih pelajar setahun), pembinaan Institut Latihan Petroliam, Universiti, Penganjuran Sukan Lumba Kereta dan bermacam lagi.

Wak ucapkan terima kasih kepada Petronas kerana banyak membantu rakyat Malaysia.

cheers
Wak
Wak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifdee 2010-03-10, 17:11

Syukur memang syukur geng. Petronas as a successful corporate social responsibility (CSR) provider/giver is not in question here. Issue semasa adalah samada Shamsul Azhar is the most suitable figure as Petronas' president - the answer is: a big NO.
Rifdee
Rifdee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-03-11, 07:25

With my limited knowledge, I still think that the ex-President is still fit continue with his duty. Unfortunately, he might not be in sync with the current PM who may have his own vision for the future of Petronas. Hence, PM need to put his own people.

Therefore, perhaps the new President (with his commendable experience in Petronas) is the most suitable candidate as a platform for the installation of the next new President. Petronas new President/CEO Icon_question

Chian

Back to top Go down

Post by rizi the doll 2010-03-11, 08:09

betul tuu...
mana tau kali nie tong minyak kita jumpa kat Ghana pulak...
cam enjin tuuu... hehehe
rizi the doll
rizi the doll

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-03-11, 08:34

Mua ha ha. Macam2 idea la Rizi. Creative sungguh . Petronas new President/CEO Icon_razz

Chian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2010-03-11, 13:34

Wak nak tengok performance Petronas dengan Datuk Shamsul ni. Adakah achievemnt milestone atau KPI Petronas decrease, increase or still the same.

Kalau increase, he is the right person for the job. Kalau decrease, tukaq jer Datuk Shamsul dengan calon lain .

Smile
Wak
Wak

Back to top Go down

Post by jutra 2010-03-11, 17:26

Hi there, I am a new 'player' in this forum. I am glad to read that most of the writings and comment from the forum 'players' are not the "aggresive condemnation" type unlike some vernacular blogs that I have read. It shows maturity of the Malaysian expat in Qatar. Kudos to all of you and consequently I decided to register and activate my account so that I can share and participate 'healthily'.

On Petronas vision and Dato' Shamsul, I would like to share my personal experience and encounter. At one time I was privileged (I think) to be nominated as Petronas Corporate Agenda Agent and every 6 weeks (as part of Capability Building team)I have to briefed to dato' Shamsul and management the progress of our Capability initiatives.

The Petronas Corporate Agenda (PCA) is part of Petronas vision to bring Petronas to global champion level and how to reach there is in within the template framework of the PCA. To tell you the truth, after been in it (PCA) I believed it was a fantastic PCA no ambivalence at all. As long the new management has the conviction to stick to the ambit of the PCA, insyaalah Petronas could be at that level. By the way, it does benchmark against the established oil and gas players.
Dato' Shamsul is the champion of the PCA and during my presentation tenure to him (the every 6 weeks report card presentation) i could sum up that he is dilligent type of person, smart and not the impulsive type of person (like some top management). One thing significant I like about him , when it comes to seek for clarification (during the presentation)the 'mangsa' is the top management committee in the room and not the presenter, because he wanted to ensure that the management is always on toes on the topics. Interesting to see the top management committee 'mengalabah'sekali sekala. i hope he could reverse the 'tall order' by his predecessor that is to relax on those who has left Petronas could 'come back' and serve petronas balik. bagi can yang muda-muda.

One last thing, I would like to share how I proud i am of Petronas was in early 1990s, at that time I was posted to Indonesia and based in MC dermott yard. The management, SUPERVISORS AND FOREMAN are mat salleh, Indonesian Engineers?- just an engineer 'cabuk' despite has been in the company for more that 10 years eventhough they are good and smart engineers from reputable institution. kesian depa. If not for the PSC (profit sharing contractors) and malaysianisation concept, I believe malaysian cross-postings (in Shell and Esso)is a scarcity. Thank you Petronas.
John F. Kennedy once said" Do not ask what the Country can do for you but ask what you can do for the Country". I will always there with you, even kat sini i still flag my petronas credit card.
By the way, why I come to qatar - itu cerita and objektif lain.
jutra
jutra
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by summer6266 2010-03-12, 08:09

No matter how big and grand the corporate agenda is, by the end of the day, some kakitangan still choose to go for their own personal agenda.
summer6266
summer6266

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by mba2009 2010-03-13, 07:15

Salam Geng;

Makin menarik la topic ni....well gua bukan bekas staff petronas...tapi ada ramai geng keje Petronas....apa-apa pun selalu nye bila dah jadi lubuk wang...akan ada ramai la....prospective penggali nya...kan kan kan kan...kan kan.. kan...

he he he he he he menarik cuma nak tengok satu hari nanti Petronas ada operation :-
1) Iraq
2) Kuwait
3) Qatar
4) UAE
5) Oman

etc...etc...etc...etc... boleh capai ke !!!!
mba2009
mba2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifdee 2010-03-13, 12:55

You an idealist Jutra - all the best!
Rifdee
Rifdee

Back to top Go down

Post by jutra 2010-03-13, 15:44

Interesting responses, all are sceptical. I would like to be positive. By the way, the question is what do you think of the new president, as for me I have shared my piece.
jutra
jutra
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by rizi the doll 2010-03-14, 06:24

Jutra have a point there...
Apa2 pun, kita kena beri masa for the new president.
So that he can bring new "air" to the old Petronas.

Honestly masa Rizi keje ngan JV dulu, almost all the secondee masih taknak tukar mindset Petronas.
I mean, u're working with a JV (not Petronas), sepatutnya buku baru... bukan ikut buku lama...
my x boss was 15years with Petronas... apa2 perubahan kami nak buat... she will say... Petronas takkan terima benda nie...
ayat power depa "When i was in Petronas.... this that this that"... tapi time elaun, increment n bonus... taknak pulak ikut petronas...
betul dasar "gali-gali" lah....

Apa2 pun... tahniah to the new president, and hope he have a strong graps on what have been happening with Petronas.
rizi the doll
rizi the doll

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-03-14, 07:51

Thanks a lot Jutra for sharing the insights about the new Petronas' President. It is a relief to receive such kind of information. May Petronas continue to prosper for the benefit of our nation. Petronas new President/CEO Icon_cheers

Chian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2010-03-16, 09:44

Semoga Petronas terus berjaya dengan Dato' Presiden yang baru.

For Petronas to establish operations in Middle East seperti Kuwait, Qatar & UAE; adalah perkara yang sangat besar. Hanya G2G Leaders could give the answer.

Smile
Wak
Wak

Back to top Go down

Post by mba2009 2010-03-16, 12:44

Wak wrote:Semoga Petronas terus berjaya dengan Dato' Presiden yang baru.

For Petronas to establish operations in Middle East seperti Kuwait, Qatar & UAE; adalah perkara yang sangat besar. Hanya G2G Leaders could give the answer.

Smile

Wak apa tu G2G leader ?

Petronas Carigali ada projek kat Iraq..dulu ada dengar dengar dapat blok kat Iran...tak tau la apa citer...

Kalau Mubadala Oil bleh dapat blok kat Mesia.... sepatut nya Abu Dhabi kasi la satu blok kat Petronas.....reciprocal...

Kalau QP bleh beri satu blok kat Petronas bagus juga... sama juga dengan KOC...
mba2009
mba2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-03-17, 08:36

mba2009 wrote:
Wak apa tu G2G leader ?

Bro,

It's Government to Government arrangement. Many high profile dealings are normally initiated through MOU between G2G leaders before corporations of the respective countries follow up with more concrete/details agreement/ deals. Petronas new President/CEO Icon_smile

Chian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next