Malaysian living in Qatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner at Holiday Villa Lagenda Malaysia Restaurant - Review

3 posters

Go down

Dinner at Holiday Villa Lagenda Malaysia Restaurant - Review Empty Dinner at Holiday Villa Lagenda Malaysia Restaurant - Review

Post by rizi the doll 2009-08-16, 12:01

Dinner at Holiday Villa Lagenda Malaysia Restaurant - Review

Lepak dinner with some Malaysian Friends kat Lagenda Malaysia Restaurant Holiday Villa, hari Jumaat lepas...

Just to give some review n commets sikit...

Overall rating star.... low 1 - 5 high Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Food (Ala Carte)

4 Like a Star @ heaven for food presentation
3.5 Like a Star @ heaven for food taste (Tried Kuey Teow Goreng, Mee Mamak, Nasi Lemak, and Pasta)
2.5 Like a Star @ heaven for drinks (Teh tarik buat sendiri lagi sedap)
2.5 Like a Star @ heaven for choices of "Malaysian" food
3.5 Like a Star @ heaven for food portion (Mee mamak penuh pinggan, kuey teow goreng tak sebanyak macam mee mamak lah)
4 Like a Star @ heaven for price (Harga standard hotel kat Malaysia, tapi patut provide complimentary sky juice)
4.5 f:star: or Customer Service.

Overall I would give 3.5 Like a Star @ heaven

Harga

Harga makanan for ala carte is ok, in other words, almost same like any hotel in Malaysia lah, as well as price for the buffet.

Buffet Comparison

It's not fair for me to compare Lagenda to Caravan, walaupun tak sama in stars and services, but Caravan tend to focused more on ASIAN cuisines to which is their target market, and the choices is way much more compare to the buffet in Lagenda which lacks in choices of Malaysian delicacies, because the options on dessert is far greater then the main dish itself.

Ala Carte Review

Kuey Teow Goreng was good, and yes they use the original kuey teow (unlike other "asian" restaurant that subsitute "kuey teow" with "mee n bihun"), and the taste is good. But compare portion to Mee Mamak, it is a bit small, but i think they counter it with some big size shrimps.

Mee Mamak is a must if you're planning to eat there, superb combination with it's spices and udang, and the taste is to die for, I almost ordered a second round if not for my so called "diet" (weight watching lah, nak kawin December nie). We also did request for some cili potong and kicap, which we shouldn't have ask as this was suppose to be given together with the mee, but still it is satistactory on it's own.

Not much to comment on Nasi Lemak, sebab pagi tuu dah order kat Nadia, so tak terasa sangat nak makan, but presentation wise, it is also a good choice.

Roti Canai should be taken out, because roti canai/ prata kat qatar nie dah bersepah sangat. And those who ordered the roti canai menu, akan rasa terkilan, from the price to the portion up to the taste where in other places i can get 3-4 pieces of roti canai for 2 riyals, and mutton curry and chicken curry(which is rich in spices)for 10 riyals.

No comment on drinks, as we ordered fruit juice, but should have provide complementary sky juice, because each table have glasses, but not being filled (only for show i guess, or mungkin nak buang kulit udang kot???).

Restaurant Review

If they are trying to promote Malaysian Food, then I would suggest more choices of Malaysian food, if not then Lagenda Malaysia Restaurant shouldn't lived up to it's name by bringing LESS legendary food of Malaysia. Like it or not, this is the place where expat learn to acknowledge Malaysian Food. Kalau food is more into western and middle east, then might as well not put the word Malaysia on it.

Overall

Was inform by one of the waiter that they will be promoting for buka puasa later, can't wait untuk venture there again once they decided what's on the menu(posa seminggu lagi).

Overall environment is good, and it is a quiet place and superb surrounding especially for families. One of the go to places to venture in Qatar, and if I may say so, enjoyed the dinner and the company that went there.

Thank you so much to the support staff, a toast to them as they made you feel like an important person when you walk in there. Two Thumbs up to the Holiday Villa Doha Management in managing their staff, and their effort to promote the courtesy and humility culture of Malaysia, something that i think is lacking at other hotels here.

What a Face
rizi the doll
rizi the doll

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Dinner at Holiday Villa Lagenda Malaysia Restaurant - Review Empty Re: Dinner at Holiday Villa Lagenda Malaysia Restaurant - Review

Post by Wak 2009-08-17, 09:43

I go there once a week...Value for money...!!!

king
Wak
Wak

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Dinner at Holiday Villa Lagenda Malaysia Restaurant - Review Empty Re: Dinner at Holiday Villa Lagenda Malaysia Restaurant - Review

Post by mba2009 2009-08-17, 10:14

Salam Geng;

Ok next time aku stopover Doha aku nginap Holiday Villa Doha...

mba2009
mba2009
mba2009

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down