Malaysian living in Qatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relocation to Qatar

+8
silver16v
ruslan.abubakar
DatukBendahara
mba2009
Thinking
Wak
noble-man
adam.faizal
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Relocation to Qatar Empty Relocation to Qatar

Post by adam.faizal 2009-07-27, 12:00

Askum sumer kepada wargs m'sia yg dihormati di qatar,
I think will join the community soon as i just granted an offer from international contractor's for
mega project in capital of Doha.
The Offered salary was 20k for Engineer post inclusive with accommodation and transport on single basis.
Nak tanya is the offer worth it compare to the fact as follows;

a. I'm 6 yrs experience at age 30

b. I'm looking to bring my family ( wife and 1 daughter ), what is the range of rental inclusive
with all utilities.

c. What is the transportation cost if i hired outside?

d.Generally, what is the expenses if bringing family ?

Other benefits for single basis is 1 time home ticket for 30days leave, 21 days paid
wages for each yr completion,medical and company group insurance.
( Can u all advise me on this)

Appreciate if the otai-otai here may give some advise and recommendation on the queries as i yet
finalize decision the employer.

Terima kasih...askum

1Malaysia

adam.faizal
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Relocation to Qatar Empty Re: Relocation to Qatar

Post by noble-man 2009-07-27, 12:26

QAR
Sewa Rumah (Flat 2 bilik) 6,000
Utilities (Api, Air, Tel, Internet) 1,000
Car Loan/ Sewa kereta 2,000
Groceries 3,000
Eating Out/ Movies/ etc 1,000
School Fees (Primary) 2,000
Petrol 300
Bas Sekolah (1 org) 500
Total = 15,800 /month

Notes :
1. Di sini tiada EPF, savings utk hari tua is on your own
2. Since you're on Single Status but decides to bring along your family, how about your family medical coverage ? Di sini medical fees & ubat adalah mahal, consultation utk jumpa Dr. saja QAR 100.
3. Airfare for families ?
noble-man
noble-man

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2009-07-27, 13:19

OK la 20 K...sapa nak beri..kalau kat Mesia...? Normally, if you bring your family, yr company will provide air ticket for them....but to clarify all your enquiries, you have to negotiate betul-betul ngan yr company...

...ask them can you change yr single package to family package.....how much can they give for family package ...just ask them to make sure...

Hopes you get a good news from them...!!!

cheers
Wak
Wak

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinking 2009-07-27, 21:12

Anak dah sekolah ke belum bro?. Sekolah kat sini mahal. Betul kata nobleman and wak tu. Kalau single package 20K tu mmg ok dah. Tapi kalau bawak family kene suruh company support medical dgn sekolah la...

Thinking
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by adam.faizal 2009-07-28, 02:27

We are small size family with my spouse and 1 yr daughter only....Actually, i'm awaiting their response after making counter-offer as bringing family and etc.

As they are MNC and big organization, the remuneration and benefit are following the scale, grade and limitation of the group should tide for negotiate. Hence, i hope they response promptly or giving some recommendation if they interested to get me in.

Nak tanya korang free airfare ngan family ke? Bape x per annum?
Kalu mcm small size family aku ni,ape suggestion korang for accommodation?ader vacant
x dekat community korang
presently, my wife working in MNC near Cyberjaya with good paid as Fund Accounting Exec.
Nak tanya, ader lobang x kalu dia nak kerja sana...

Thanks again for you all nyer response...Malaysian mmg sempoiiiiiiiiiiii

adam.faizal
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2009-07-28, 06:53

Kalau Family Status :

1.Annual Leave Travel (Tickets for you and yr family is provided)...base on 3 months IATA price..means kalau untuk sorang...return ticket is QR5,000...tapi 3M IATA price is QR12,000..sorang....

2. Accomodation...normally company will arrange..sewa QR 10,000..tapi kalau nak save...cari rumah yang harga QR 6,000..company will give housing allowance QR10,000.... so ada extra cash can be saved from that.

3. Many Malaysians have their spouse working in Doha...through yr sponsorship...means..she gets Resident Permit (RP )and Work Permit coz her husband is working in Doha.

OK...Welcome to Doha.!!!

Very Happy
Wak
Wak

Back to top Go down

Post by adam.faizal 2009-07-30, 13:09

I just been informed that offer remains unchanged but they will compensate they equivalent allowance
for bachelor accommodation and transportation if I bring family along. They couldn't go beyond company policy on the remuneration and benefit as they have guideline based on scale, grades and experiences. In addition, they yet to oversee the capability of the person as the selection are made via phone interview with assistance by M'sian Recruitment Agency. However, they will consider an increment based on personal appraisal during probation period.

As summarized, they stand at offer 20k to me plus other standard T&C for single basis. Still counting
whether worth it if bringing family along with single income.Thank you

adam.faizal
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by mba2009 2009-07-30, 13:33

adam.faizal wrote:I just been informed that offer remains unchanged but they will compensate they equivalent allowance
for bachelor accommodation and transportation if I bring family along. They couldn't go beyond company policy on the remuneration and benefit as they have guideline based on scale, grades and experiences. In addition, they yet to oversee the capability of the person as the selection are made via phone interview with assistance by M'sian Recruitment Agency. However, they will consider an increment based on personal appraisal during probation period.

As summarized, they stand at offer 20k to me plus other standard T&C for single basis. Still counting

Salam Adam;

Aku cakap BM je la walau aku cakap english kadang2 telebih aussie he he he..... dan aku bukan kat Qatar aku kat Kuwait.... kalau kat Kuwait:-

Sewa rumah 2 bilik kosong RM2640 sebulan kalau kat Q8...kat Qatar mahal lagi bro...RM6000 sebulan tu biasa kot.. Kami hantar anak sekolah pakistan je lebih kurang RM1000 sorang anak sebulan...kat Qatar nak murah hantar la kat Pakistan school.... beli keta bayar bulan2 RM1000 ke RM1500 terpulang atas brand.. makan anak bini masak sendiri kena budget RM500 seminggu...sebulan dalam RM2000 kot.... ala lebih kurang belanja RM9000 ke RM10,000 la sebulan.... minyak keta murah je negligible. Kalau keje site office naik je van company....jadi kalau RM20k ada lagi tu balance RM10k. Bleh la wat simpanan hari tua...

Apa apa bro kalau u decide nak datang Qatar. Welcome jadi Expat kat middle east.

" SO BRO HOPE FOR THE BEST EXPECT FOR THE WORST "

mba2009
mba2009
mba2009

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by adam.faizal 2009-07-30, 15:21

Never mind it's ok mba2009...actually which industry u r working right now, O&G or construction?

I assume that u r working with either Kuwaiti or other foreign company over there as lack of malaysian
had business over there...

Just wanna ask, are u have any friends or contact working with germany or other european company. What's
is their norm culture of work as I quite familiar Japanese and Korean company..

Are have some idea what is the pay range for malaysian engineers working with less than 10yrs experience
in middle east?

adam.faizal
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by mba2009 2009-07-31, 18:33

adam.faizal wrote:Never mind it's ok mba2009...actually which industry u r working right now, O&G or construction?

I assume that u r working with either Kuwaiti or other foreign company over there as lack of malaysian
had business over there...

Just wanna ask, are u have any friends or contact working with germany or other european company. What's
is their norm culture of work as I quite familiar Japanese and Korean company..

Are have some idea what is the pay range for malaysian engineers working with less than 10yrs experience
in middle east?

Salam Bro;

Aku keje kat Energy Company....Energy and Infrastructure Company we provide services and equipment especially ke Power Generation company, tapi equipment kami pakai gak kat O&G company tak tu handle oleh O&G Division. Aku dah keje almost 20 tahun. Aku sekarang kat Kuwait jadi aku citer kat Kuwait. Ni aku citer local package bro. Kalau expat depa throw in la rumah dalam KWD 220 - KWD300 sebulan atau depa kasi rumah fully furnished. Transport selalu depa kasi van je.... dan kalau co yang bagus Engineer pun leh wat overtime and depends atas co...

Fresh graduate baru keje around KWD350 ke KWD400
Kalau 5 tahun bleh la dapat KWD 600 ke KWD800
Kalau 10 tahun bleh la dapat KWD 1000 keatas
Kalau 15 tahun bleh la dapat KWD 1400 keatas
Kalau dah manager dan lama experienced dan ada special skills "Sky is the limit" bro
1KWD=RM12

mba2009
mba2009
mba2009

Back to top Go down

Post by DatukBendahara 2009-08-01, 15:00

adam.faizal wrote:I just been informed that offer remains unchanged but they will compensate they equivalent allowance for bachelor accommodation and transportation if I bring family along. They couldn't go beyond company policy on the remuneration and benefit as they have guideline based on scale, grades and experiences. In addition, they yet to oversee the capability of the person as the selection are made via phone interview with assistance by M'sian Recruitment Agency. However, they will consider an increment based on personal appraisal during probation period.

QR20K is definitely not enough for a family to live decently in Qatar. Unless one is willing to change their lifestyle according to nationalities from countries the like of Indonesia or Philippine. Although the company might compensate allowance by bringing your family, it has to be transpired on the offer letter and shall be written in the job contract. Why not negotiate 4 flight tickets for each 3 months as a bachelor so that you are able to see your family in Malaysia instead of bringing them here?
DatukBendahara
DatukBendahara

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mba2009 2009-08-01, 19:55

DatukBendahara wrote:
adam.faizal wrote:I just been informed that offer remains unchanged but they will compensate they equivalent allowance for bachelor accommodation and transportation if I bring family along. They couldn't go beyond company policy on the remuneration and benefit as they have guideline based on scale, grades and experiences. In addition, they yet to oversee the capability of the person as the selection are made via phone interview with assistance by M'sian Recruitment Agency. However, they will consider an increment based on personal appraisal during probation period.

QR20K is definitely not enough for a family to live decently in Qatar. Unless one is willing to change their lifestyle according to nationalities from countries the like of Indonesia or Philippine. Although the company might compensate allowance by bringing your family, it has to be transpired on the offer letter and shall be written in the job contract. Why not negotiate 4 flight tickets for each 3 months as a bachelor so that you are able to see your family in Malaysia instead of bringing them here?

Salam Tan Sri Datuk Bendahara;

Aha aku agree dengan ko Datuk Bendahara. Selalu nye good co kalau single package 3 bulan sekali bleh balik mesia. Kalau famili stahun sekali je. Kepada En Adam maaf la nak kasi tahu je kalau pengalaman bawah 10 tahun. Iaitu 6 tahun selalu nye susah sikit kat middle east ni nak bargain. Kalau dah 10 tahun keje satu bidang. Anyway kalau 20k tu lebih kurang usd5500. Anyway terpulang la.

mba2009
mba2009
mba2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2009-08-02, 12:36

Bawa jer family...yr wife can get a job here...if she has a qualification..she can get a job around QR8K to QR12K... and help you cover some expenses.
Wak
Wak

Back to top Go down

Post by adam.faizal 2009-08-02, 16:33

Thanks Wak,

That is a part of my action plan if bringing family along. Presently, she's working in MNC firm in Cyberjaya as a Fund Accounting Exec. with 5 yrs experience. Hopefully, you all may help in looking related jobs to my wife
soon.

adam.faizal
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by ruslan.abubakar 2009-08-02, 22:34

salaam,,,

kalau 20K tu bagi saya sudah mencukupi.ukur baju badan sendiri la bro..

1. sewa rumah sekarang dapat 4500 2 bilik semi furnish.
2. Makan kalau family masak around 400 seminggu pun sudah terlebih utk small family.
3. kereta tu dinasihatkan klu small family beli saja la jenis sedan honda city ka, mitsubishi ka, bayar dlm QR1100/ month.
4. Minyak kereta dlm QR200 sudah mencukupi round doha.
5. utility bills dalam QR500
6.QR2000 utk yg lain2..

so, ada lagi balance >10,000. tepuk dada tanya selera..

kalau jadi dtg doha nanti blh la aku tolong apa yg patut... Very Happy
ruslan.abubakar
ruslan.abubakar
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by silver16v 2009-08-03, 09:43

adam.faizal wrote:Thanks Wak,

That is a part of my action plan if bringing family along. Presently, she's working in MNC firm in Cyberjaya as a Fund Accounting Exec. with 5 yrs experience. Hopefully, you all may help in looking related jobs to my wife
soon.

Elok datang bujang utk buat your own findings on better 'action plan'.

Banyak faktor yg perlu diambilkira sblm dtg bawa keluarga ke sini (terutama isteri kena resign dari existing job in M'sia);

1. Employment Potential - kdg2 walaupun kita bagus tp kalau di tempat kerja x serasi dgn boss, takut kita x boleh bertahan lama di tempat kerja tersebut (either you resign or not being confirmed after probation period)

2. Industry Potential - kdg2 kita bagus, company pun suka kita tp sbb keadaan industry (external market force) mungkin boleh melibatkan retrenchment or shorten your employment period.

3. Family Suitability - kita sempoi tp anak-isteri x suka duduk sini pun boleh jadi big issue.

Other issues mcm family visa & living costs..

Avoid buying assets and financial commitment (like buying a car) before you are sure of your employment potential. I've heard even those who worked with top organisations like Qatar Petroleum, Top Banks (Doha Bank, AlKhaliji & Standard Chartered) and many construction companies left their jobs due to both factors mentioned above.

Alhamdulillah, I myself was being spared by my company (construction co.) retrenchment exercise earlier this year. Hopefully this new project which i'm involved in, will not stop until completion date by end 2011.

My family is in M'sia. My wife has a 30 days annual leave. At the same time i also have 30 days so i will go back to Malaysia twice/year and family will come to visit me twice/year. At least that's my story..

Anyway good luck. Make doas and solat Ishtiharah/Hajat. Niatkan hijrah kerana ALLAH. InshaAllah diberkati selalu. Ameen...
silver16v
silver16v

Number of posts : 360

http://www.malaysiaqatar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ruslan.abubakar 2009-08-03, 10:45

betul tu silver, sokong 200%. Datang dulu baru tahu macam mana mahu budjet. Tapi kalau tidak ambil offer tu kemudian hari maybe penyesalan berlaku la pulak... Surprised
ruslan.abubakar
ruslan.abubakar
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Relocation to Qatar Empty Relocation to qatar

Post by azmanshahismail 2009-08-04, 20:26

Betul...kena fikir masak2. Tapi masak jugak kalau 3 bulan takde 'bini' kat rumah. takkan hari2 nak makan Golden Gate dan Royal Chicken.

Itu satu lagi ... kalau tinggalkan anak bini di Msia risau pulak...kata tak rindu tapi rindu. Cost of living kat Doha...jangan cakap....bukan quiet expensive...memang expensive...daun serai 6 batang harganya QR 9 ....daun pandan...QR 5...daun pisang QR 14. Kalau kat Msia semua daun boleh tanam belakang rumah....kat sini semua kena beli....

Kalau ingat nak belajar bahasa Arab...lupakan. Bahasa harian...English ala India.

Tak cukup tu....anak2 takkan nak biarkan tak sekolah....kat Msia semua FREE....tapi kat sini busuk2...pun harganya QR 7 ribu satu semester. Kalau company tanggung alright....kalau tak...kena keluar duit sendiri. Kalau tak pasal nak cari duit lebih sebelum pencen....tak datang kat sini.

So ...acam Nabil cakap...'kau fikirlah sendiri'....

But if u decided to be here jangan lupa join MAQ...boleh kit panjat gunung pasir sekali sekala...we are like one big family....Welcome to Qatar....second MUMBAI.

azmanshahismail
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ruslan.abubakar 2009-08-05, 08:10

aku punya situation sebelum datang sini pun sangat berat:- (best of my experience)

1. Gaji aku d Msia (Celcom Timur) cukup makan cukup pakai n cukup untuk bayar 2 biji kereta and apartment.
2. Aku ada company kecil-kecilan untuk project installation, testing and commissioning boleh dapat dalam 6k/month bersih.
3. aku ada ramai contact and kenalan yg teramat-amat bagus.
4. aktiviti mingguan main bola tidak pernah lepas.
5. aku ada big family yang rapat.
6. aku senior staff.

Datang sini:-
1.setakat ni kawan kurang lagi.tiada lepak2 minum teh tarik n tengok bola live kat mamak restaurant.
2.gaji aku sama juga ngan offer yang ko dapat tu but boleh saving.
3.lepas balik kerja makan n tidur.
4.main bola ada juga kat sini.lawan arab,india,pakistan,qatari,indonesian dll
5.internationl experience tu yg mahal.
6.hari2 depan laptop tengok FB.
7.makan ada susah sikit for the first 3 month, lepas tu kubus n hummous pun aku belasah sekarang ni.
8.orang bawa kereta macam hantu.
9.kalau azan satu doha kendengaran and masjid banyak..kalau malas solat kat msia dtg sini subuh 3.30am pun bangun.
10. boleh buat umrah and haji tak perlu tunggu lama.
11.weather datang sini baru tahu..

nanti cont lagi ahh bounce Smile Smile
ruslan.abubakar
ruslan.abubakar
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by adam.faizal 2009-08-05, 16:13

After finalize all consequences, I've decided to accept the offer and will mobilize to Doha latest by early September.

I will bring my family later when everything are prepared and ready . I need to observe
the requirement over there before decided to bring them.

Actually, my wife is the one who encourage me to go by saying that, "no way u can earn this or saving
big money in here!".

It's true because my friends working with Malaysian Contractor in Riyadh earning only 4,000 per month still have big saving compare to me earning 5,500 but small saving. The reason is he had no room to spend in saudi compare in Kl.

May I Know, where is majority of our community in doha? Normally,what is the activity arrange by community?

adam.faizal
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by silver16v 2009-08-05, 16:28

adam.faizal wrote:After finalize all consequences, I've decided to accept the offer and will mobilize to Doha latest by early September.

Elok dtg lepas Raya Puasa so x lar terasa sgt being away from family especially masa raya nanti. Crying or Very sad Your passport may not be with you during your first few weeks due to work visa process. So kalau nak balik raya after you arrives here early Sept could not be as easy as you may think. Better dtg sini end of Sept or early Oct.

Kalau dah x leh postpone, don't worry masih ada lg ramai disini yg x balik raya masa tu. Just come to Malaysian Embassy pagi raya boleh jumpa rakan2 senegara..
silver16v
silver16v

Number of posts : 360

http://www.malaysiaqatar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adam.faizal 2009-08-10, 17:50

Dear all great Malaysian @ Qatar,

I will mobilize to Doha on 26/9/09 after decided to kick off after Eid Mubarak. I will alone
on 1st departure as my family will be joining later by end of this year.

As a new comer to the community, I welcome all the good advise and recommendation from u all
to assist me in seeking accommodation,facilities and etc. before my family on board. ( roughly 3 month to
go once I'm arrived)

Need assistance if there is any jobs in Accounting/Banking line for my wife?
At least she can get some exposure besides earning income.

Thank you...Salam

adam.faizal
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2009-08-11, 08:14

Allright...Selamat Datang ke Doha.

Just need to know... yr company nyer arrangement kat Doha for you..

I. Siapa tunggu kat Airport...?

Kalau ada, OK. Kalau tak ada..check website nih...

http://www.dohaairport.com/services_almaha.html?linksr09

II. First week nak tinggal kat mana...? Kalau nak hotel..ada hotel Malaysia kat sini... www.holidayvilladoha.com

III. Company U akan arrange housing...Kalau tak pun...tanya rakan sekerja untuk cari rumah. Kat sini pun banyak iklan rumah untuk di sewa.

Cheers,

Wak

Smile
Wak
Wak

Back to top Go down

Post by muq 2009-08-11, 08:23

Adam,
Bab kerja yg susah sikit, lebih lebih lagi kalau untuk orang perempuan, tapi boleh diusahakan. Di tempat saya ada rancangan nak ambil staff lagi, kalau senang boleh pm saya.
Wasalam.

muq

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by adam.faizal 2009-08-11, 09:22

Askum sumer...

Terima kasih bebanyak atas concern u all. Company sy Hochtief Construction Qatar dpt kontrak
Barwa Commercial Avenue. Untuk 1st departure ni, company akan pick up sy kat airport dan sediakan
accommodation sekali..

Cuma end of this year ..family sy dtg n kenala cari rumah yg sesuai ikut kemampuan..
Kalu leh nak aaa cari kat area Malaysian community...nt korang leh aaa tlg ekk..

Salam..

adam.faizal
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next