Malaysian living in Qatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minta pandangan: QP Offer @ Dukhan Field

4 posters

Go down

Minta pandangan: QP Offer @ Dukhan Field Empty Minta pandangan: QP Offer @ Dukhan Field

Post by fixcxer 2008-08-23, 03:53

Assalamualaikum and Greetings,

I'm a newbie to the forum and this is my first post. I have been reading this forum for quite some time and found this forum is a very useful channel for malaysians who wish to know more about living in qatar, apart from Qatar Living forum. Hopefully you guys here can give some comments on my queries below.

Last few days I was interviewed over the phone from QP for an instrument post in Maintenance section, Production Department at Dukhan Field. They said they will call for a site interview some time after Raya.

So, nak tanya:

1. What will the site interview be like? Susah ke? What are the chances? 50/50?
2. How is the working life at QP, specifically kat Dukhan? Anyone from Dukhan here?
3. Since the post is in Maintenance, will I be subjected to standby/oncall duties like being practiced in Malaysia?

They have yet to send me the details of their offer, so I don't know what grade & package I will get. Appreciate any comments that you guys have and wish me luck.

Thanks Smile
fixcxer
fixcxer

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Minta pandangan: QP Offer @ Dukhan Field Empty Re: Minta pandangan: QP Offer @ Dukhan Field

Post by DatukBendahara 2008-08-23, 18:49

fixcxer wrote:Assalamualaikum and Greetings,

I'm a newbie to the forum and this is my first post. I have been reading this forum for quite some time and found this forum is a very useful channel for malaysians who wish to know more about living in qatar, apart from Qatar Living forum. Hopefully you guys here can give some comments on my queries below.

Last few days I was interviewed over the phone from QP for an instrument post in Maintenance section, Production Department at Dukhan Field. They said they will call for a site interview some time after Raya.

So, nak tanya:

2. How is the working life at QP, specifically kat Dukhan? Anyone from Dukhan here?
3. Since the post is in Maintenance, will I be subjected to standby/oncall duties like being practiced in Malaysia?

They have yet to send me the details of their offer, so I don't know what grade & package I will get. Appreciate any comments that you guys have and wish me luck.

Thanks Smile

Wa'alaikumsalam.

1. Site interview tak semestinya sama bagi setiap pemohon. Dalam kes saya, there was no interview at all. Merely chatting with my section manager. Apparently, dia hanya nak jumpa face to face. Maybe he wanted me to see Doha and make my decision to move or not from the visit. So tak boleh nak expect the kind of questions diorang gonna ask. Setahu saya, orang Malaysia tak pernah fail to enter QP. Tapi jangan over confident pulak. Yang penting ilmu di dada cukup.

2. Saya bukan kerja kat Dukhan tapi pengalaman saya hampir 3 tahun dengan QP amat berbeza dengan alam perkerjaan sebelumnya. In simple term.... lebih releks dan focused.. Kalau dulu banyak sangat initiative, kat sini initiative sendiri. No body asking you to do more than necessary. Dukhan as far as I had been there (located around 80km from Doha towards the west) is a self sufficient small community serving a production field. Basically the crude oil recovered from the onshore field is pumped after treatment to my refinery located to the south of Qatar.

3. No idea.

Good luck.
DatukBendahara
DatukBendahara

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Minta pandangan: QP Offer @ Dukhan Field Empty Re: Minta pandangan: QP Offer @ Dukhan Field

Post by fixcxer 2008-09-02, 15:56

Thanks DatukBendahara Smile

I have been 'studying' for the interview. Hopefully I will just get a chat session with them and not a full blown interview.

The position offered is on Grade 14 as informed by the HR supervisor. Any idea what's the salary range like? From what I've read in the forum, the benefits are more or less fixed as per the position's grade.

Selamat berpuasa to all muslims!
fixcxer
fixcxer

Back to top Go down

Post by DatukBendahara 2008-09-02, 18:13

fixcxer wrote:Thanks DatukBendahara Smile

I have been 'studying' for the interview. Hopefully I will just get a chat session with them and not a full blown interview.

The position offered is on Grade 14 as informed by the HR supervisor. Any idea what's the salary range like? From what I've read in the forum, the benefits are more or less fixed as per the position's grade.

Selamat berpuasa to all muslims!
Gaji dengan QP ni ada dua jenis iaitu untuk pekerja kontrak dan permanent. Bagi pekerja kontrak, ianya bergantung kepada persetujuan kedua-dua pihak. Sebagaimana yang dikatakan Tuan, gaji dan benefits bagi permanent staff adalah fixed according to grade. Kalau grade 14 tu dalam lingkungan antara QR25K ke QR35 kot. Itu termasuk segala elaun2.
DatukBendahara
DatukBendahara

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by kutu_beramboi 2008-09-19, 20:13

fixcxer wrote:Assalamualaikum and Greetings,

So, nak tanya:

Thanks Smile

Waalaikumsalam,
Apa cite? Dah dapat offer ke belum? Bila nak sampai sini?
Semoga dapat yang terbaik.
kutu_beramboi
kutu_beramboi

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by fixcxer 2008-09-20, 08:14

kb,

lepas raya ni interview, kat kl pulak sbb org qatar nk bercuti kat mesia Smile

so skrg ni tgh tunggu aje laa interview. ada rezeki pegi laa Dukhan. buat masa skrg concentrate raya dulu ler, hehe.
fixcxer
fixcxer

Back to top Go down

Post by kutu_beramboi 2008-09-20, 09:45

fixcxer wrote:kb,

lepas raya ni interview, kat kl pulak sbb org qatar nk bercuti kat mesia Smile

so skrg ni tgh tunggu aje laa interview. ada rezeki pegi laa Dukhan. buat masa skrg concentrate raya dulu ler, hehe.

tima kacih respon msg ni... jauh2 pun sempat respon ek ... kutu pun akan buat perkara yg sama kalau kutu jadi fixcxer ... fokus kat raya yg dah semakin hampir ni .... selamat hari raya aidil fitri kutu nak ucapkan ... maaf zahir batin ... lepas tu nanti baru fikir pasal interbiew tuh ... ala .. kacang aje interbiew tu utk kebanyakkan org mesia ni ...
kutu_beramboi
kutu_beramboi

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Racing_Camel 2008-12-16, 14:29

fixcher, hope you had read my recent reply to your email. it's good that you have been seeking opinions from this forum as well.
Racing_Camel
Racing_Camel

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down