Malaysian living in Qatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New iPhone 3G

4 posters

Go down

New iPhone 3G Empty New iPhone 3G

Post by SkyNet 2008-06-16, 17:57

The iPhone 3G will be out July 11. Did you guys watch the keynote presentation by Steave Jobs regarding the iPhone 3G? If not go to apple.com under WWDC 2008. The thing that bugs me is...apple will launch the iPhone 3G in 70 countries this year....guess what? Malaysia takde!!! Qatar ada....our neighbour...Singapore ada...even Pinoy pun ada...but Malaysia takde. Why laaa?? Is Malaysian Telco company like Maxis, TM and Digi tak reti nak buat business or just plain lembap??
SkyNet
SkyNet
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

New iPhone 3G Empty Re: New iPhone 3G

Post by Rifdee 2008-06-17, 13:41

Tapi kalau takde pun, iPhone 3G ni still boleh unlock for use in Malaysia kan?

Many reports says Qatar's service provider for the iPhone 3G will be Vodafon. Tapi have they (Vodafon) actually set up business in Qatar. There's no shop, no website, no phone number, no physical network, no many things. I'm just wondering whether they can actually roll-out the iPhone by July i.e. next month.

Last edited by Rifdee on 2008-06-18, 13:27; edited 1 time in total
Rifdee
Rifdee

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifdee 2008-06-17, 13:42

P/s I'm stilll gonna get me one no matter the situation.
Rifdee
Rifdee

Back to top Go down

Post by ehemmmmQ 2008-06-18, 08:36

The licensing right is to Vodafon, and definitely not on 11th of July for Qatar (coming soon) http://www.apple.com/iphone/countries/ but for sure still can be used with QTel Network
ehemmmmQ
ehemmmmQ
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifdee 2008-06-18, 13:29

I concur. But you'd need to unblock the sim card first right.

It's so frustrating that Vodafon don't have any confirmation on this topic. I'm sure a lot of people are just waiting for it to be realised. I'd change my network operator in a second...
Rifdee
Rifdee

Back to top Go down

New iPhone 3G Empty Vodafone in Qatar

Post by rzaireen 2008-06-18, 21:06

FYI although Vodafone won the mobile license bid in Qatar, the license document itself is still not in their hands. The regulator has not even decided on the scope of the license like whether it will include international gateway. So no network, no nothing as of now. Interconnect with Qtel pun belum sign. Earliest they will launch is Q1 or Q2 next year!

rzaireen
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifdee 2008-06-19, 16:22

What a shame!
Rifdee
Rifdee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifdee 2008-06-27, 13:34

SkyNet wrote:The iPhone 3G will be out July 11. Did you guys watch the keynote presentation by Steave Jobs regarding the iPhone 3G? If not go to apple.com under WWDC 2008. The thing that bugs me is...apple will launch the iPhone 3G in 70 countries this year....guess what? Malaysia takde!!! Qatar ada....our neighbour...Singapore ada...even Pinoy pun ada...but Malaysia takde. Why laaa?? Is Malaysian Telco company like Maxis, TM and Digi tak reti nak buat business or just plain lembap??

Just plain lembap kot...
Rifdee
Rifdee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifdee 2008-06-27, 13:37

I'm getting a bit impatient here. Should I wait for the iPhone 3G to be officially launched in Qatar (god knows when that is) or should I just purchase it from another country (unblocked, of course)?
Rifdee
Rifdee

Back to top Go down

Post by ehemmmmQ 2008-06-30, 13:08

Rifdee wrote:I'm getting a bit impatient here. Should I wait for the iPhone 3G to be officially launched in Qatar (god knows when that is) or should I just purchase it from another country (unblocked, of course)?

Just buy and unlock it if you have the chance, don't wait.....since Vodafone will start operation in March 2009, you'll be the pioneer here in Qatar.
ehemmmmQ
ehemmmmQ
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifdee 2008-07-01, 21:27

on the other hand, I'll miss out on their valuable promotions if I get an unlocked version now. Decision is veering towards: wait & see tactic.
Rifdee
Rifdee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down