Malaysian living in Qatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petronas new President/CEO

+10
jeffryjo
summer6266
jutra
mba2009
kutu_beramboi
Wak
Chian
rizi the doll
Rifdee
Racing_Camel
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Petronas new President/CEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Petronas new President/CEO

Post by mba2009 2010-03-17, 10:56

Chian wrote:
mba2009 wrote:
Wak apa tu G2G leader ?

Bro,

It's Government to Government arrangement. Many high profile dealings are normally initiated through MOU between G2G leaders before corporations of the respective countries follow up with more concrete/details agreement/ deals. Petronas new President/CEO - Page 2 Icon_smile

Wak sukran
afhum..afhum
mba2009
mba2009

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffryjo 2010-03-17, 17:47

Utk pengatahun semua petronas mmg dah operation in more than 30 countries....tp tak semua aktif...even kat Dubai pun dah ada trading company dan skrg dah establish Petronas Iraq kat sana utk handle contract yg dpt kat Iraq baru2 ni...

petronas is a good company...yes we are proud of the achievements....
tp mcm kata sorang pakcik yg suka tido tu kalau tak salah...first class infrastructure, tapi third class mentality lagi...

the question is - could petronas have done much better?

jeffryjo
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by rizi the doll 2010-03-18, 06:39

1st class tech, 3rd class mentality...

Masa i kat Malaysia Airports way back dulu pun derang dok cerita benda2 nie jugak...
nak buat camner... silap tak bentuk buluh betul2...
what we can do for the future is to didik this new people, on how do to better...

tapi kena ingat... monkey see monkey do...
rizi the doll
rizi the doll

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-03-18, 06:42

jeffryjo wrote:

the question is - could petronas have done much better?

Jeffryjo,

I like the above question.

Anyhow, if I am not mistaken, PETRONAS is among the leading national O&G company in the "Fortune 500". Sometimes, envied by other national O&G companies. Without knowing much, it is pretty tough to answer the above-mentioned question. Petronas new President/CEO - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Chian

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2010-03-18, 09:46

Jeffryjo,

Wak rasa Petronas are capable of doing much better in the future. The progress curve will reach above the ceiling.

cheers
Wak
Wak

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffryjo 2010-03-19, 20:11

rizi : if u pay 'peanuts' u will get monkeys...u dont pay kancil price to buy a bmw do u? quality does come with a high price..

wak : I really hope so lah things will change...skrg pun dgrnya frm my inside sources the new CEO dah panggil some of them who left to join petronas back..this is really good news..

chian : now the next question is - can they retain the good ones frm leaving in the future? petronas wants to be O&G company of choice...really? or just being of choice to those who have no choice??

jeffryjo
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by jutra 2010-03-20, 19:54

"wak : I really hope so lah things will change...skrg pun dgrnya frm my inside sources the new CEO dah panggil some of them who left to join petronas back..this is really good news.."
This is positive step, if it is really true, it seems the New president has decided to bent the rule of his predecessor who adamantly insisted 'leaving Petronas is a one way ticket- YOU cannot return'. To me it is a stupid and arrogant policy which intend to punish those who are leaving, even Shell still welcome those who have left the organisation. I pray that more prudent decisions will be made by the new management. siapa lagi kita nak banggakan kecuali Petronas our national oil company.
jutra
jutra
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-03-21, 07:39

jeffryjo wrote:chian : now the next question is - can they retain the good ones frm leaving in the future? petronas wants to be O&G company of choice...really? or just being of choice to those who have no choice??

Jeffryjo : Ops. Harap2 those who are still left jangan terasa lak. Anyhow, it is interesting news that PETRONAS is welcoming back its ex-contributors/ armies who would return with more experience/skills/ideas gained during 'external venture' and most likely would stay on until retirement coz 'financial target' may have been achieved while away. Petronas new President/CEO - Page 2 Icon_bounce

Jutra : Yup, could not agree more. Petronas new President/CEO - Page 2 Icon_cool

Chian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2010-03-21, 09:39

Petronas is recruiting back their ex- staff..that's a very good news.

Hopes to hear more good developments from Petronas.

Smile
Wak
Wak

Back to top Go down

Post by hairul 2010-03-21, 17:22

HI everyone...
just arrive in KUWAIT last week after nearly 20 years in PETRONAS sub.
agreed with some of you.. even e......ehhh sebut tempat keje baru lak dah..
accept back those has leaving them for thier own banefit in developing their local people.
yes i learn new thing in this so call world class petrochem producer:
1.capability development....
2.leadership through empowerment... it alive
ehhh.. x leh share banyak sangat tunggu PETRONAS panggil I smula nanti kita shre yek...

money is not the issue... our willingness will drive us through..
hairul
hairul
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifdee 2010-03-21, 20:37

Rejoin Petronas... hmmmm... good prospect to consider (from our perspective) because:

A. expats' work experience would only make Petronas stronger - a melting pot of best practices from all over the world. However, imperative that the working environment be conducive for change, otherwise what's the point.
B. assuming that pay package is at par or slightly less, then it'd be well worth it!
C. dapat balik tanahair tercinta
D. et cetera...

....but (at the risk of sounding pessimistic) so far, cerita nih baru tahap 'cerita' je kan i.e. unclear to what are the terms & conditions.

1. FYI, there are >100 GMs in the current organisation setup. SM lagi lah ramai. Petronas is top heavy with a demographically young working level population that lacks the necessary working experience
2. Gaji expat yang 'definite contract' kat sini pun is almost at par with gaji GM kat Petronas (dollar-for-dollar). Would you be happy with Senior Executive pay level if it came to it?
3. Package kat sini usually includes housing, kids' international school education dan lain-lain. Can they match at least 50% of it?
3. There are a lot of people waiting in line (for many years) for the top posts in Petronas. Question: will they let someone from the outside ("a returnee") obtain that level?
4. Even if they did, would there be enough positions to accommodate the returnees? FYI, we hear many GMs in Petronas in their late 30's (SGM in COG belum pun 40 tahun lagi, lady-boss lak tu) and mid-40s.
5. How will the current workforce react? work culture issues?
6. et cetera...

If the rumours are true then it is definitely a move in the right direction. However, as with any bold & brazen move, there will be pros & cons and consequences. All I's saying is that this sort of excercise requires deep analysis from the current Management. Apa pendapat Tuan-Tuan & Puan-Puan?

Kita tunggu & lihat.....
Rifdee
Rifdee

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by noble-man 2010-03-22, 09:29

Rifdee wrote:
If the rumours are true then it is definitely a move in the right direction. However, as with any bold & brazen move, there will be pros & cons and consequences. All I's saying is that this sort of excercise requires deep analysis from the current Management. Apa pendapat Tuan-Tuan & Puan-Puan?

Kita tunggu & lihat.....

When I left Petronas many years back it was because of PUSH rather than PULL factors. That time what Qatar was offering was x2.5 than my last drawn with Petronas. But again, money was not the main consideration at that time.

What were the PUSH Factors ?

1. Petronas sebuah sykt yg amat berkira dgn staff. Masa kat Dayabumi parking free, bila pindah KLCC parking kena bayar.
Once a year adalah Family Day kat PERMATA, tapi itupun kena bayar.
Bila travel dapat Meal Allowance USD 30/day split 20/40/40%.
At any point waktu travel kalau dlm plane being served food, tak boleh claim the meal allowance sbb dah dapat makan free dlm plane. Macam macam lagi lah...

2. Di Petronas banyak sgt meeting dan co-curricular activities. Meeting almost everyday, pagi sampai ke ptg. Dah ptg baru lah ada masa nak buat kerja. Co-curricular macam-macam : Formula 1, Asia Oil & Gas Conference, President's Annual Visits, etc. Semua ni tak de dlm Job Descriptions tapi kena got involved. The funny thing bila masa PPA tak boleh include all these co-curricular activities as parts of the assessment sbb tak de dlm Job Descriptions & Performance Objectives.

3. Di Petronas banyak Janji Manis. Bila mereka (my ex-bosses la) bercakap, mereka menjanjikan Bulan & Bintang, bila PPA time nak bagi 3A pun susah....always subjected to the so-called Curve, somebody would have to deserve a 4 and a 5.

Apakah semua PUSH Factors ini masih wujud di Petronas ?
noble-man
noble-man

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2010-03-22, 10:09

Banyak betul cerita tentang Petronas...Wak pun rasa sama mcm Noble-Man...that why I left Petronas.

Wak rasa, the PUSH factor masih wujud...sama ada ia semakin reda atau semakin bertambah..Wak tak tahu...kena contact ngan Insiders kalau nak tahu cerita sebenar.

Sebagai perumpamaan :

Kalau boss masuk joget Inang, kita kena joget Inang..walaupun kita tak suka Inang..kita suka zapin. (Kalau tak mahu ikut tune boss, you akan dilabel "not comply").

Buat masa ni, Wak nak joget zapin dengan boss di Doha ni yang suka zapin. Nanti kalau dah penat berzapin, Wak akan joget Inang dengan kampeni Malaysia yang suka joget Inang.

Smile
Wak
Wak

Back to top Go down

Post by hairul 2010-03-22, 20:17

my recent story.

intersting gak ye.. ye lah baru msuk company baru selepas 20 tahun di PETRONAS, can say i grown up from a boy to become a man with PETRONAS..msk ILPP lepas SPM till jd exec, lambat sikit sbb x de paper hehhe
pulling factor has come across to me as early as year 97,98, ...2000, but stay as by that time there're still no so called "gen x" exist , KPI system or PMS not in hand yet..but ownership,cohesiveness and all share value still intact,once KPI in place and everything is dollar and cent it destroy the value, people will go for number than inner value creation, resulting in semua nak berkira.. ni x de dlm i punya KPI,ni I yang initiated, ehh kau msukkan nama aku dlm task force team tu..nt senang nak isi IPC,
senang cite..banyak lgi lah yang ornag lama mcm aku ni xleh nak kejar dan faham...than come push factor..kalau dah dua dua tu ada mmg nekad la..

bab nak join balik PETRONAS tu... x tahulah lagi tp at least we should learn what is good here and share it with those who choose to stay and let them work from inside...
kalau Noble Man nak set up Consultant firm utk propose something utk PETRONAS kita pakat contribute la mana yg patut.

thanks to PETRONAS for developing me ... proud to serve the nation...now dah dekat 40 ni..kena pikir personal agenda ..serve myself to serve ALLAH and RASULULLAH s.a.w. by serving the world and what belong to it.
hairul
hairul
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2010-03-23, 09:22

Hairul, Congratulations with you new assignment.

Smile
Wak
Wak

Back to top Go down

Post by kutu_beramboi 2010-03-23, 15:52

noble-man wrote:
Rifdee wrote:

Kita tunggu & lihat.....

When I left Petronas many years back it was because of PUSH rather than PULL factors. That time what Qatar was offering was x2.5 than my last drawn with Petronas. But again, money was not the main consideration at that time.

What were the PUSH Factors ?

1. Petronas sebuah sykt yg amat berkira dgn staff. Masa kat Dayabumi parking free, bila pindah KLCC parking kena bayar.
Once a year adalah Family Day kat PERMATA, tapi itupun kena bayar.
Bila travel dapat Meal Allowance USD 30/day split 20/40/40%.
At any point waktu travel kalau dlm plane being served food, tak boleh claim the meal allowance sbb dah dapat makan free dlm plane. Macam macam lagi lah...

2. Di Petronas banyak sgt meeting dan co-curricular activities. Meeting almost everyday, pagi sampai ke ptg. Dah ptg baru lah ada masa nak buat kerja. Co-curricular macam-macam : Formula 1, Asia Oil & Gas Conference, President's Annual Visits, etc. Semua ni tak de dlm Job Descriptions tapi kena got involved. The funny thing bila masa PPA tak boleh include all these co-curricular activities as parts of the assessment sbb tak de dlm Job Descriptions & Performance Objectives.

3. Di Petronas banyak Janji Manis. Bila mereka (my ex-bosses la) bercakap, mereka menjanjikan Bulan & Bintang, bila PPA time nak bagi 3A pun susah....always subjected to the so-called Curve, somebody would have to deserve a 4 and a 5.

Apakah semua PUSH Factors ini masih wujud di Petronas ?

ooo... noble-man ex-petronas ke??? ramai tak ex-petronas kat qatar ?
kutu_beramboi
kutu_beramboi

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffryjo 2010-03-23, 19:50

Chian,

I think u slightly 'misinterpret' my statement.

'No choice' here doesn't mean that those who are still with Petronas are not good, although there are also obvious 'tunggu pencen' type of mentality kind of staff.

No choice here can be those who are good but cannot leave Petronas for some reasons, eg:

1. kene serve bond scholarship - esp those yg study overseas n kalau nak bayar balik mahal sgt > RM300k ( i know a few of them)

2. they want to serve Petronas maybe sbb they feel 'obliged' and feel proud or have some kind of attachment to Petronas (eg parent ex-staff)

3. wife/husband yg 'strategictly left' in Petronas so that the whole family can enjoy the benefits (loans,medical,scholarships,etc). I know ada kes yg anak sakit sampai Petronas bayar berpuluh ribu sebulan sbb medical benefit amount unlimited.

4. Petronas hardly buang org, unless u screw up big time eg. u blow up a plant ke, ada affair kat opis ker...opss ni bab lain kalau nak citer2 sensasi ni kita buat forum lain nanti Laughing . So some ppl ader byk masa buat side business n customer dia pulak byk kat Petronas..

byk lagi la contoh2 'No choice' ni kalau nak sebut....dats why some will not leave even if there are both strong push n pull factors..some are just comfortable staying there...

jeffryjo
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifdee 2010-03-23, 21:39

Aik! saya macam kenai la sama noble-man & jeffryjo nih hehehehe...
Rifdee
Rifdee

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Chian 2010-03-24, 06:59

jeffryjo wrote:Chian,

Ha ha ha. You are right Bro. Upon reading your earlier statement, my mind immediately drifted to a -ve side of it ............... so sorry.

Yup, some are basically 'better stay than leaving' due to possibilities/ matters as you mentioned.

Rifdee wrote:

Ni kena buat TT (teh tarik) session ni. Face to face ........... Kenal each other.

Chian

Back to top Go down

Post by rizi the doll 2010-03-24, 07:43

Chian wrote:

Ha ha ha. You are right Bro. Upon reading your earlier statement, my mind immediately drifted to a -ve side of it ............... so sorry.

Yup, some are basically 'better stay than leaving' due to possibilities/ matters as you mentioned.

Rifdee wrote:

Ni kena buat TT (teh tarik) session ni. Face to face ........... Kenal each other.

Good idea... 2nd TT session will soon be in order...
The ahli mesyuarat tingkap groupies... hehehehe
rizi the doll
rizi the doll

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by mba2009 2010-03-24, 07:54

Ok ramai la ex-PETRONAS ye kat Qatar.....

Apa-apa pun kawan tak pernah keje PETRONAS...tapi so far dah 5 company tempat keje...semua tempat keje sama je... ada passenger...ada orang yang rajin...ada orang yang professional...etc etc
mba2009
mba2009

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by noble-man 2010-03-24, 08:14

Chian wrote:

Rifdee wrote:

Hatiku berkata mau, mukaku berkata malu, mulutku berkata tengoklah dulu....
noble-man
noble-man

Back to top Go down

Post by noble-man 2010-03-24, 08:19

mba2009 wrote:Ok ramai la ex-PETRONAS ye kat Qatar.....

Apa-apa pun kawan tak pernah keje PETRONAS...tapi so far dah 5 company tempat keje...semua tempat keje sama je... ada passenger...ada orang yang rajin...ada orang yang professional...etc etc

Kawan pulak dah kerja di 3 company, Petronas yg ke-2.

Betul la statement mba tu, cuma dalam bas yg skrg ni ada lain sikit la...passengers terbahagi kepada 3 : 1st Class, 2nd Class & 3rd Class...
noble-man
noble-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Wak 2010-03-25, 09:21

Wak pun dah kerja 4 company...

PETRONAS kampeni yang ke-3...8 tahun kerja ...khalas.

Sekarang ni kat Doha.
Wak
Wak

Back to top Go down

Post by kobbera 2011-03-07, 14:11

dah jadi sejarah Petronas xbagi bonus untuk staff dia untuk thn 2010 wlupun CEO baru umumkan keuntungan yg besar untuk thn tu... skg ni ade isu baru pulak.... increment untuk Non Exec xder untuk thn 2011.. Exec xpe la dah 2 kali naik thn lepas... KAPENAS pun xleh buat ape....klu dah Bos kata "NO"...
kobbera
kobbera
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next