Malaysian living in Qatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about going/working in Doha

4 posters

Go down

Thinking about going/working in Doha Empty Thinking about going/working in Doha

Post by mizi31172 2009-05-11, 09:35

Dear All,

Hi, this is my first posting. I need some assistance & quick input/opinion as I am in the midst of accepting an offer with Ali bin Ali Group as one of the finance personnel within the next few days.

1) Is Ali bin Ali Group a reputable company? It seems like that based on their official website, I just need a 'feel' from the Malaysians who have been working/living in Qatar before. Any Malaysians working with the Group, especially in Finance, FMGC division?
2) What is the indicative rental for a 1 bedroom apartment at Umm Ghuaylina Area, Al Wahab Street (Airport road, 15 minutes from Doha's International Airport, right?) which is where the Ali bin Ali Group HQ (which i am going to be based) is located? The apartment/complex name? I'd rather stay near the office that drive. What about the public transportation here? Given the location, what is your suggestion for transport to work arrangement before i am able to rent/buy a car? Do i neeed a resident permit/work permit before i am able to take out a loan and purchase a car? Do i need the same for a rental/leasing arrangement? Indicative cost?
3) I might be thinking about staying alone for a few months with my wife joining myself 2-3 months later. Anyone have a vacancy for a room (apartment sharing) near the named place in 2) for which i can stay until i get a place of my own.
4) Thinking nak pegi late June 2009, reporting for duty on 1 July 2009.

Appreciate some comments and updates. I can also be contacted at the mizi31172@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Tarmizi.

mizi31172
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Thinking about going/working in Doha Empty Re: Thinking about going/working in Doha

Post by Wak 2009-05-25, 09:40

Qatar negara Okay..financially stable...ambil jer offer tu...

1. Very reputable company....banyak project dia kat Qatar ni...

2. Housing....discuss with yr new office mate in Doha...Umm Ghuwailina is OK...

3. cari kat Website ni..ada yang iklankan nak car room mate.

4. Skg musim panas..40-45C... hingga September..tapi no hal nyer..datang je la...

Good Luck!!!
Wak
Wak

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Thinking about going/working in Doha Empty Re: Thinking about going/working in Doha

Post by mizi31172 2009-05-26, 03:33

Thank you, dah accept offer and hoping for a very good experience working in Qatar. Will be there by mid-June 2009.

mizi31172
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by mba2009 2009-08-18, 13:33

mizi31172 wrote:Thank you, dah accept offer and hoping for a very good experience working in Qatar. Will be there by mid-June 2009.

Salam En Mizi;

Sudah ada di Qatar. Amacam Doha dan Qatar ?
mba2009
mba2009

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Racing_Camel 2009-09-08, 20:37

dont think. just come. and you will see thousands of opportunities here. Very Happy
Racing_Camel
Racing_Camel

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mba2009 2009-09-09, 11:40

Racing_Camel wrote:dont think. just come. and you will see thousands of opportunities here. Very Happy

Hari tu aku melawat QATALUM Power Plant dan Meesaaid Power Plant... depa dok bawa juga melawat Meesaid villa compound... macam menarik je facilities..yep betul ada banyak opportunities...
mba2009
mba2009

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down